July 19th, 2021 by admin
At the onset, mold growth in business establishments may not look like an issue that needs proper and professional oversight. However, the continuous growth of mold often leads to a situation where businesses need professional intervention. In other words, a business has to summon professional mold removal services to take care of the problem.3 Signs When a Business Needs Professional Mold Removal Service
Every workplace has some mold growth somewhere on its premises. It doesn’t pose any harm as long as it is limitedly and scarcely grown. However, when you start noticing the following factors and conditions, it might be time to call a professional mold removal service for businesses.
Wheezing, Itchy Eyes, and Breathing Problems among the WorkforceMold is responsible for the production of a range of airborne allergens, mycotoxins, and irritants. All these microscopic elements can quietly affect the people working in a space infested with mold. From stuffed noses to itchy eyes and continuous wheezing to breathing problems in people who have an asthmatic condition— acute mold growth can make a large number of employees sick.
A Continuous Musty OdorIf you notice that the interior of your facility is permeated continuously with a musty, pungent odor despite daily cleaning and sanitization, it is a sign that there has been excessive mold growth somewhere around. Call professionals to locate and exterminate excessive mold growth that is causing that unwanted odor on the premises.
Stained Walls and FrontagesWhen you start seeing mold on walls and other surfaces inside the building, it is the most telltale sign that this bacterial growth has reached dangerous levels. The spread of mold across walls and other surfaces also leads to the two conditions discussed above.
Why Excessive Mold Growth Is Bad for Business?
From the above section, you can easily infer why one should immediately contact a professional mold removal service to deal with its excessive growth.
- With all its allergy spreading potential, mold can make many employees unwell, resulting in individual and collective productivity losses.
- Continuous bad odor and ugly mold patterns on walls can’t help a business create a good impression on all the clients and affiliates visiting its offices or factories for the first time.
Preventing Mold Growth in Business Establishments
After getting your establishment treated by mold removal services, you need to take these steps to prevent its unwanted presence in the future.
- Actively check plumbing systems of the premises for leaks and fix them promptly.
- Keep rooms insulated and maintain moderate temperatures.
- Any wet/damp material, equipment, or area should be dried within two days for the prevention of mold growth.
- Lower the inside humidity by using ventilation, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers.
After getting your business premises treated by professional mold removal services and taking the above preventive measures, you can get rid of this microorganism nuisance for good. If you need any help in this regard, get in contact with Spectrum Environmental Services. We offer remediation and response plans for various problems, including mold growth to Ohio and Tennessee-based businesses.
Posted in: Services